Intellytech SOFTBOX LIGHT S12. 1'x1' Accent LED Light Kit - Choose Bi-Color or 5600K
Super Soft - Professional - Polished Accent Lighting
The Name: It's called the SoftBox light because it produces an amazingly soft, even, diffused quality of light. Achieving such a smooth, professional, polished look with most lights would require adding on a bulky and often expensive soft-box. With the SoftBox Light, it effortlessly gives the user an optimal Accent Light requiring no extra work or accessories.
The Technology: Ironically, it's less then 1 inch thick as opposed to the considerable size that soft-boxes add. The SoftBox Light achieves it's unique effect using Edge-Lit Technology. The LED's are placed on the edge of the light, pointing to the center. The light is aimed inward and is bounced through the center of the light via the thick diffusion panel.
140 Degree Super Wide Beam Angle: Not only is the light incredibly easy on the eyes with it's soft quality, it also produces an amazingly wide beam angle of 140 degrees. Most lights without diffusion and softboxes added on create a mere 30 - 50 degree angle. The 140 degree beam angle appears natural on camera because the beam is so wide-spread and vast, appearing like the light is naturally in the room, as opposed to some lights which are too harsh and directional (a problem seen with many cheap on-camera or fill lights). The soft, wide angle also does a fantastic job of minimizing or completely avoiding shadows.
Ways To Use The Light:
- Key Light: This light's primary intended use is as an Accent light. However, in indoor scenarios where a small amount of light is needed, this unit can work as a key light.
- -Close-Up & Beauty Shots: This light can be placed extremely close to your subject and looks amazing on skin tones due to its super soft spread.
- -Accent & Fill Lighting: Use this to the opposite side of the key on your subject, and it will make a fantasic shadowless fill light.
- -Back Light: Place the SoftBox Light behind your subject to create distance between the background. The wide spread can help in creating a smooth silhouette, adding distance and depth from the background. Can be used to achieve a cinematic shallow depth of field.
- -Shadow Filler: Remove annoying shadows by filling them in with the 140 degree spread.
- -Eye Light: Add a glow to your subjects eyes while also making it easy for your subject to look into. With some LED lights you can see many dots reflecting in your subjects eyes giving an unnatural look. The SoftBox Light creates 1 constant reflecting light making it more believable.
The S12 attaches to a standard size 5/8" stud
It's a Kit - Included are 2 large Sony NP-F750 batteries, dual charger, yoke (U-Bracket), and AC Adapter. You can power this with the included battery or for longer run times you can plug it in with the AC Adapter. The light and all of its accessories fit into the included carrying case.
The SoftBox Light's super soft, wide light quality makes this light a tool that will enhance the look for a variety of video and photography situations.
|Ouput on Single Color 5600k Version of S12||700lux @ 3 feet|
|Output of Bi-Color Version of R18||5600k: 520lux @ 3 feet. 3200k: 640lux @ 3 feet. 4300k: 640lux @ 3 feet|
|Dimming Range||10%-100% in 1% incraments|
|Mount||5/8" light stand stud (standard)|
|Power Supply||110-240v - works in U.S. and Europe/Australia|
|Battery Options||All include 2 x Sony NP-F Mountss and choice of Anton Bauer or V-Mount.|
|Run Time off 2 x NP-750 (included in kit)||
50% Power - 4 hours 25 minutes
100% Power - 2 hours 7 minutes
|Run Time using 230Wh Anton Bauer or V-Mount||
50% Power 5-6 hours
100% Power - 2-3 hours
|Warranty||Light is covered under 1 year warranty|
- 93+ CRI Rating
- Edge-Lit Technology
- LCD Screen Showing Brightness, Color Temp, and remaining Battery Life
Intellytech 18" Diameter SoftBox Light R18
- S18 SoftBox Light - 18" Diameter x 1" (depth)
- Mounting Yoke (U-Bracket) with 5/8" Stud
- 2 x Sony NP-F960 Style Batteries
- Dual Battery Charger
- AC Adapter (to power via outlet)
- Fitted Carrying Case (padded w/ specific spot to hold all accessories & light). Includes shoulder strap
- Choose Anton Bauer or V-Mount Battery Plate at no extra charge
- Choose Bi-Color or 5600k (the 5600k version is about 35% brighter then the bi-color version).